The Hope Of A Single Crocus
Article by: Helaine Iris
The Hope Of A Single Crocus
Finally, I was able to see my lawn. , Remodeling Tips Should You Do The Remodeling Yourself? After an unusually long, and cold winter , Create And Enjoy A Hummingbird Paradise it emerged from the snow, , Violet Pots dead and brown, yet ready to receive the warmth of the sun , The Hosta - A Shade Loving Perennial and the promise of spring. , Rustic stone house signs
I flew out my back door , Eight new ways to decorate
for the holidays
with my rake in hand. I couldn't wait to begin scratching up the lifeless grass , Are You Over Watering Your Garden? from last year and remove the soggy and decaying leaves. The smell of the warming earth , Front Load Washers – some facts before purchase Part 2 filled me with joy.
I raked and raked obsessed with preparing the soil , Makeover magic – How to remodel your deck or patio in less t for the new tender shoots of green grass , How to build a water pond !! that would soon make their appearance. I felt the exhaustion in my shoulders begin to creep in as I realized I was raking through an old bulb , Burning Bushes Do Well In Newtown Township bed. As I cleared away the leaves I spotted the first crocus of the season , The History of Vacuum Cleaner Bags beginning to poke through the ground in its delicate purple and white , Finding Structural Problems During Escrow – Small Rural Home splendor.
I immediately stopped what I was doing and became aware of how amazing and precious life is. I was filled with the sense of hope and renewal a single crocus can offer. There it was, my first tangible sign that spring , Arborvitae - Plants for The Newtown Pa. Area was in fact here.
It got me thinking about the amazing resilience of the human spirit. With the intensity of recent global , How to build a water pond !! events bombarding the airwaves it's no wonder I've been experiencing more underlying stress than usual and I notice those in my world deeply affected as well.
As humans we instinctively strive to sort out turmoil and transform our world into something stable and meaningful for ourselves. We need a sense of a safety , Don’t Lose Sleep Over Moving Day Obstacles and connection so we can function and stay engaged fully in our lives.
As Bernhard Kempler, PhD says, " The issue of "resilience" comes up powerfully when we are faced with extreme situations, situations for which we have had little or no occasion to develop adaptive mechanisms. How does our psyche withstand such outrageous attacks as war, criminal violation, brutality, and even life threatening illness?"
That single crocus got me thinking about ways I could begin to increase my resilience and continue to build meaning and connection in my life. See if these suggestions could be helpful for you too:
1. Stop the roller coaster of the mind. I often wake up in the morning with my mind racing. It seems like the focus is always on the glass , Much Ado About Mansionization? half empty. When I am aware of this happening, I get out of bed , The Free Neighborhood Home Décor Makeover and walk, exercise, or anything that connects me with my physical body. I find this to be a quick and simple way to restore my perspective to the glass , 6 Ways of Creating Your Own Composting Machine being half full.
2. Slow down. Light , The Hosta - A Shade Loving Perennial a candle and gently breathe until you feel the connection to yourself. , Plants For Establishing a Hedge in Dublin Pa. Remind yourself , Caring for perennials in the garden of who you truly are.
3. Make a list of all the things and people you love. What are you grateful for in your life?
4. Reach out to supportive friends, family or colleagues. It's amazing how much stress you can release by talking about what is on your mind and being a supportive friend in return.
5. Connect with your purpose. What are the activities that are meaningful, joyful and inspiring to you?
6. Turn off the news. Resist the temptation to inundate yourself , The Benefits Of A Professional Realtor® with negative messages. Pick up a book with uplifting content instead. Become choosey about how much and when you decide to engage.
7. As suggested by speaker, and author Kevin Eikenberry, participate and play with the "Good Samaritan" effect. Pay the toll of the person behind you, put extra money in the parking meter, or buy a cup of coffee for the person standing with you in the Starbucks line. This simple act will not only lift the spirits of the surprised recipient, but also open and warm your heart as well.
This morning when I went outside , Violet Pots to survey my yard, , 6 Ways of Creating Your Own Composting Machine despite the dusting of snow , How to Control Deer in Your Garden we got last night, I noticed there were a dozen crocuses up. My heart leapt with excitement, not even late March snow , Finding Structural Problems During Escrow – Small Rural Home can prevent the bursting forth of new life when it's time for spring. , Emerald Green Arborvitae for Feasterville Pa.
It's YOUR life…imagine the possibilities!
About the author:
|How To Prune Roses - Pruning your roses , A Tree That Stands Wet Feet In Montgomery Township Pa is an essential part of rose , How to kickstart a good bedroom design project? maintenance. There are many ways and opinions on the best way to prune, , Garden Leaf Blower Maintenance when the perfect time to prune , Seasonal Cactus Lovers Have Options is, and which roses , The Advantages of Canopy Gazebos need pruning. , Terrace Gardening And Landscaping Ideas Many seasoned rosarians have their favorite tested methods....
|Learn Some Feng Shui Guidelines For Your Children's Room - Feng shui indicates some specific guidelines regarding children's spaces and bedrooms. The way we decorate , Organic Lawn Fertilizer them and the way we distribute...
|Are you in search of the best advice in relation to bed shee -
Are you in search of the best advice , Choosing the Right Pipes and Plumbing System for Log Cabin in relation to bed , Plant Hardiness Zones sheets. When you are in search of excellent information , A Quick History Of The Clock on bed , How to Grow Organic Cigar Tobacco sheets, it'll be complex s...
|Importance of vaccination - CHICKENPOX is a common childhood disease. , The History of Vacuum Cleaner Bags It is usually mild but in rare cases, it can be serious, especially in young infants and adults. The vir...
|The Uglier The Better -
American Standard Announces the 2002 America's Ugliest Bathroom , Know Your Yellow Roses! Contest(ARA) - Floor , Remodeling Tips Should You Do The Remodeling Yourself? to ceiling harvest-gold ceramic tile , Building Your Dream Home … foam-padded...
|Comfort and Style for your Bedroom! -
Beds, bunk beds, , Replace the White Birch With River Birches In The Warrington Pa.
Area bedspreads and other bedroom furniture , Garden Design: How to Choose and Place Garden Art in Your
Backyard make any home , Backyard Bird--The Catbird comfortable and relaxing. Whether it’s bunk beds , How To Use Vines In Landscaping Your Home for the little kids, bedspread...
|Tulip Care -
The crocus, anemone, narcissus and daffodil are all welcome
harbingers of spring. , The Gardening Tool You Need However, growing , The Dawn Redwood Tree - Beyond Fast Grow tulips capture the
essence of spring , Soil PH And Its Effect On Your Garden with bright colorful blooms that renew the
earth , Circuit breakers and fuses with promise of summer , Front Load Washers – some facts before purchase Part 2 color. The best part of growing
, How To Make a Headboard tulips is...
|Investing In or Owning Drug Lab Properties -
As a property , Coaxing Fresh Vegetables From the Garden All Winter Long owner, you are responsible for 100 percent of the clean up! Cleanups of labs are extremely resource-intensive and costly. The averag...
|Taking Care of Your Bonsai -
Bonsai is the art of growing trees , Rid Your Garden of Slugs that are of tiny-stature,
within the household , EZ Home Improvement Shrub Plantings - The Burning Bush premises. The word Bonsai , Home Improvement Projects That Really Pay Off is basically a
Chinese term, which denotes a shrub , Selecting Roses For The Garden or a tree , Seeking the best advice witrel="nofollow" h reference to oak furniture. planted in a
shallow tray. It plays an important role by adding value to the
mygarden.net.au | | | | | | | | | | |