Spring Into Action: Home Maintenance
Article by: Wallace J. Conway
Spring has sprung! Even more important than buds, , Tips for Saving Water for Your Landscaping birds, , What's in Store for National Home Gardening Club Members? and bees, spring , The Nigra Arborvitae Grows Well In Dublin Pa. brings buyers! When buyers are looking for a place , Finding Structural Problems During Escrow – Upscale Home Exa to nest, they would really rather not see problems. As it turns out, nearly every home , Introduction to Aquaponics inspected has problems or imperfections of some sort or size. Most issues are very minor and simple to correct. Almost all are a result of deferred maintenance.
Most of these simple deferred maintenance problems, when discovered during the home , Garden Sheds - More Than a Storage Area inspection, cause the majority of the headaches when trying to bring a contract to close. With the five quick checks described below it is probable that 90% or more of the minor maintained items typically discovered in the home , Gardening's Most Valuable Advice inspection could be eliminated, and with them a great portion of the time and stress associated with their correction:
1) Dirty Filter and Coils in the Heat , How To Prevent Clogged Gutters Pump. The clean and efficient flow of conditioned air , Garden Sheds - More Than a Storage Area as well as the longevity of this very expensive system is dependant on proper airflow. A professional cleaning is most always well under $100. Routine filter replacement can be done by a homeowner for about a dollar.
2) Poor Caulking of Ceramic Tile , Orchid Care: How Orchids Grow in the Tub and Shower , A Japanese Garden is Not Your Ordinary Garden Area. The cost to repair , How to Plant Tulips or replace a rotted shower wall , Garden Sheds - More Than a Storage Area often exceeds thousands of dollars. This is an avoidable event! A homeowner can accomplish caulking of tiled areas easily for under $20. If a crack in the caulk or grout is visible, you can believe it's large enough for water , What's in Store for National Home Gardening Club Members? to pass!
3) Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCI) not Properly Functioning. GFCI's are the electrical outlets that have the "press" and "test" buttons. These devices are critically important in reducing the chance for electrocution. The homeowner can test the devices by pushing the "test" button. The cost of a new GFCI is less than $10. They can be installed in less than 10 minutes.
4) Amateur Workmanship. When something looks like an amateur did it, that means an amateur did it, even if the perpetrator was paid for his work! When amateurs do things, the materials are often improper for the intended purpose or of poor quality. Many times they are both. Seldom are proper permits pulled or inspections performed when work is performed by amateurs. Amateur work is also difficult to maintain. Amateur work and the people who perform it always complicate a closing.
5) Wood , What's in Store for National Home Gardening Club Members? Rot. Closing contracts sure would be simpler without wood , An Italian lifestyle project rot. It sure would be nice to see a home , Best Trees for Growing in Lawns listed that said "clear WDO on file". Consider doing the WDO inspection at the time of listing to greatly reduce the greatest challenge in real estate.
The act of selling real estate can be made simpler, more enjoyable, and more profitable by educating buyers and sellers about preventative maintenance. Spring , Three Choice Arborvitae For Your Landscape is a time of renewal - renew your interest in home , Tips for Saving Water for Your Landscaping care and take a few simple steps to keep safe, , Gifts for the Gardener comfortable, and ready for some summer , Introduction to Aquaponics sun!
Copyright © Florida HomePro, Inc. and Wallace J. Conway. All rights in all media reserved.
Wally Conway is President of Florida HomePro Inspections, and is featured regularly on HGTV's "House Detective". As a speaker, published author, instructor, and host of The Happy Home , Tips for Saving Water for Your Landscaping Inspector radio show every Saturday at 5 PM on WOKV 690, Wally blends the right amount of up-to-date information , Gardening's Most Valuable Advice with just the right amount of humor, insight, motivation, and real-world application. Visit http://www.wallyconway.com and http://www.gohomepro.com for more information! , Part II: What are the most popular floorplan features?
| Plants For Establishing a Hedge in Buckingham Township Pa. -
This article is designed to help Buckingham Township Pa.
residents select plants , "Hardening Off" Seedlings and Transs and shrubs , "Hardening Off" Seedlings and Transplants for hedges. , Growing Occidentalis -American Arborvitae in Quakertown Pa Not all plants
, Horse Manure - Does It Have Any Uses? that are suitable are listed here but most common and easy to
raise ones are listed.
Hedges , Horse Manure - Does It Have Any Uses? are one of the major components of y...
|Flowers Online - Be Safe With Payments -
The Internet , First Aid for a Dried Out Hanging Basket has made the world into a global , Emerald Green Arborvitae for Souderton Pa. community. No
longer is there a need to expend even the price of a phone call
, How To Use Vines In Landscaping Your Home to send flowers , What is Organic Farming? across town, across the country or to the other
side of the world. All you need is an Internet , The Ivy League connection and...
|Ceiling Patio Heaters - It is unavoidable, Fall , Searching for the best opinion concerning bathroom vanities. is coming and we like to enjoy the outdoors , 6 Easy Tips On How To Care For Your Plants as long as possible.As Fall , Giving your home a new image can be quick and easy with furn is drawing near. Outsite living enthousias...
|Virburnum Dentatum - the Chicago Luster Viburnum -
One of my favorite vibirnums is the plant , Hydroponics Gardening known Virburnum
Dentatum- The Chicago Luster Viburnum. Viburnums are the most
attractive, versatile, adaptable shrubs , Hand and Power Tools for any landscape. , Selling Your Home - A FSBO's Guide to Keeping It Safe They
can be used as hedges , Ladder Safety Tips or screens and in mixed perennial , A Look at the Ludicrous Laundry Divide: How Splitting Up Cho and
shrub , Keeping Soil Healthy ...
| Plants For Establishing a Hedge in Bridgeton Township Pa. -
This article is designed to help Bridgeton Township Pa.
residents select plants , Investment Property - Leveraging Rental Property Equity and shrubs , Tiffany Lamps -- Started From Waste Material. for hedges. , Decorating with life - Creating a living home Not all plants
, Get Candle Wax Out Of Carpet that are suitable are listed here but most common and easy to
raise ones are listed.
Hedges , Create a New Bathroom for Under $50 are one of the major components of yo...
|How to Find Flower Delivery in Philadelphia - Philadelphia is a large city and a recent search of florists , Part V: Home Buyer Terms and Definitions in the area yielded over 300 results. Ask friends or family for recommendations or speak...
|The Garden Wall -
, 6 Indoor Plants That Love The Dark: A Tip From The Center
Both the strength and beauty of a dry wall , More Power to Ya may be enhanced by
using it as a wall garden. , I Need What Part? It may acquire a mossy and aged
appearance simply by planting flowers, , Home Remodeling Business herbs, , A Primer of Popular Traditional Furniture Styles or ground cover in
the soil , Planning your DIY project in the crevices. A greater degree of col...
|Lawnmowers Guide And How To Save Time Installing Synthetic Turf In A Tennis Court - Why install synthetic turf instead of real lawn? Most of the following steps are not required when you choose to install synthetic surfaces rather than a traditional one. A court should have a slope of a few inches from one end to the other to carry...
|How to Choose the Right Duvet Cover - There are different sizes of duvets made to accommodate different beds. , A list of power tools that women should have in their toolbox
for general home repair and emergencie There are various duvet cover sizes made to cover and protect duvets made for...
mygarden.net.au | | | | | | | | | | |