How to Control Poison Ivy
Article by: Marilyn Pokorney
Poison ivy is found throughout southern Canada and most of the United States except Alaska and Hawaii. It is readily found along road sides, fences, railroads, and streams. But it can also be found in your own back yard. , How to protect stone floors from staining It is planted there in bird , Driveway Cracking? How To Concrete Resurface Quickly and Easily droppings from the birds , Driveway Cracking? How To Concrete Resurface Quickly and Easily who eat the berries of the plant. , Getting Your Hands on a Good Pair of Gardening Gloves
So how does one get rid of the rash producing plant? Here are some tips:
- Poison Ivy control is most effective May through July while the plants , Go Easier on Yourself this Fall are flowering. , Do You Make These Window Replacement Mistakes ?
- Pulling out the plant , Carbon Monoxide in the Home with rubber gloves is temporarily effective but the plants , How to divide perennials roots will regrow.
- Never burn it as the smoke from the burning plant , HOUSES WITH DAM(P) BASEMENTS WON’T SELL can cause very serious respiratory and eye problems.
- Mowing the plant , Do You Make These Window Replacement Mistakes ? will eventually kill it but be sure to use a mower , Decorating around the garden with a collection bag and don't touch the remains when emptying it. This method will take several years to completely eradicate the plant , Using Landscape Design Software from your yard. , Lawn Care Tips
- Don't use a weed-eater as that will only spread the broken pieces of the plant , Advice about the latest assistance witrel="nofollow" h reference to lightin everywhere. Dried poison ivy is just as poisonous as fresh. It is said that even 100 year old leaves can still cause a reaction.
- Suffocation with black plastic , Be safe on your Ladder! has been known to work. This too takes time.
- An organic , Fall Bird Feedings method consists of spraying the plant , Gardening Tips and Tricks for Late Autumn--Part Two with salt water. , Carbon Monoxide in the Home A ratio of one cup salt to a gallon of water , Gardening Tips and Tricks for Late Autumn--Part Two with a few drops of liquid soap added to help the mixture adhere to the plant. , Transing Deciduous Shrubs
- Broadleaf herbicides work but will kill any neighboring plants. , How to Get the Most From Your Home Theater - Without Spendin Usually poison ivy is intertwined among plants , Keep Your Home Happier that you want to keep, including trees. , How to Get the Most From Your Home Theater - Without Spendin Using selective herbicides like Roundup can be applied to the plant , A Gardner's Diary stems as they are cut off to prevent resprouting.
No matter what control method you use, be careful to avoid exposing your skin to the plant. , The Benefits Of A Professional Realtor® Wear gloves, long pants, socks and shoes, and a long-sleeved shirt.
For more information , Getting Your Hands on a Good Pair of Gardening Gloves about ridding your yard , Gardening Tips and Tricks for Late Autumn--Part Two and garden , Using Landscape Design Software of this pesky plant:
Copyright: 2005 Marilyn Pokorney
REQUIREMENTS FOR REPRINT: You have permission to publish this article free of charge in your e-zine, newsletter, ebook, print publication or on your website ONLY if it remains unchanged and you include the copyright and author information , Building A Birdhouse: Things To Know (Resource Box) at the end. You may not use this article in any unsolicited commercial email (spam).
You may retrieve this article by:
Please leave the resource box intact with an active link, and send a courtesy copy of the publication in which the article appears to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Author
Freelance writer of science, nature, , A Gardner's Diary animals and the environment. , Plant Containers - The Simple Way To Choose Them
Also loves crafts, , Advice about the latest assistance witrel="nofollow" h reference to lightin gardening, , Keep Your Home Happier and reading.
|Emerald Green Arborvitae for Buckingham Pa. -
Emerald Green , How to Grow Flowering Dogwood Trees from Seed Arborvitae are easy to grow , A Short primer on Hypertufa. in Buckingham Pa. This
article will help you understand this landscape , Adding a Bird Feeder to your Garden plant.
Arborvitae have masses of small fiberous roots , 10 Tips for Working With a Contractor which allows them
to transplant at most times of the year. The Emerald Green , How To Create Your Own Humming Bird Nectar... has
|How to Grow Red Oak Trees Near King of Prussia Pa -
This article is designed for gardeners living near King of
Planting Red Oak Trees , Electrical Safety in the home Red Oak Trees. , How to Keep your Brick Patio Weed Free Whenever I think of Red
Oak Trees, , How To Create An Oasis of Serenity With a Backyard Garden Ho I remember hunting when I was a kid and standing near
tree , What You Don't Know About Roses s that were giants. Now every Red Oak tree , Plants and s Native to Montgomery Township Pa. I...
|A Kids Tree - During my youth kids were required to pass through a tree , Five Tips For Helping Your Guests Feel At Home climbing phase as part of the transition from being a kid to becoming a teenager. Not just a...
|Purple Martin Houses - More Than A Desirable Residence -
No garden , Chinese Plants would ever be the same without the sounds, colours , A guide to popular bulbs and
movement of the birds , Rose Meanings Explained that visit it. The British and Americans
appreciate birds , A Look at Duvet Cover Sets in their gardens , Container ing in the Metro more than most, and in the UK,
the million plus membership of the Royal Society for the...
|How To Care For Your Encaustic Tiled Floor - If your tiled floor , A Few Gardens Built By The Moghuls is in an Edwardian property , Saving Energy By planting Nursery Stock and windbreaks and beautifully coloured you are probably looking at an Encaustic tiled floor. , Soil PH And Its Effect On Your Garden Most of the encaustic...
|Growing Great Tomatoes - For many people, growing , Gardening information and design ideas big juicy tomatoes , Ten Tips For Hiring A Contractor is part of what makes vegetable gardening , The Joy Of so enjoyable. Whether purchasing plants , Burning Bushes ....Brilliant Fall Foliage from your local , Speedheat Introduces New Products For Radiant Heating nursery...
|Removing Snow From Roof Using Roof Rakes -
Removing Snow , Courtyard Gardens - Planning Tips From Roof , 8 Easy Steps to Find Your Perfect Toilet Is A Demanding Job
Removing snow , Gardening-An Expression from your roof , Bonsai Plant Care is not the same as the removing
snow , The Truth About Honda Pressure Washers from your garden. , Same Day Flower Delivery Where there is a possibility of snow, , Creating a Custom Fireplace Mantel the
roof , Home Is Where The Heart Is s are made inclined and this is a major reason why the
|Security Cameras For Your Peace of Mind - The reasons for installing cctv cameras , It’s Spring And Time To Garden! are the same whether you own a home , Why a Pond Heater-Deicer Is Necessary or busine...
|Lawn Care Tips -
How to get a perfect lawn , Inspecting your plumbing is what most homeowners wish to know.
An excellent turf is not easily won. There are many determinants
that influence into a healthy , Simple things that you can do to prevent childhood lead pois soil. It is not only to thoroughly
care for the lawn, , Painting and Decorating Tile by mowing, trimming and irrigating...
mygarden.net.au | | | | | | | | | | |