Caring for a Living Christmas Tree
Article by: Sherri Allen
The Christmas season , Refining Your Area Rug Choice brings with it many decisions to be made. Among them is, "What type of Christmas tree , 15 Minutes To Lower Electric Consumption Of Refrigerator should I put up?" This year, consider a living Christmas tree. , History of Wild Roses Not only will you enjoy it through the holidays, but a living tree , Digging Out of Paper Clutter - Part 1 can be planted in the garden , Training Beautiful Flowering Shrubs into Unique Flowering Trees to enhance your landscape , Yard and Garden Trends for 2006 and spark wonderful memories for years to come.
To allow your living tree , More Funky Garden Plants to thrive in your garden, , Hazards posed by Spas, Hot Tubs, and Whirlpools. you must provide it with a small amount of special care. The following tips , Spting Flower Gardening from the National Christmas Tree , Choosing the Right Pipes and Plumbing System for Log Cabin Association will help ensure your living tree's success:
- The adaptability of the species should be considered. Many species are shipped outside , Closet Organizers of their natural , Stihl Chainsaws - Still Going Strong area and may not be adaptable to other areas. Check with a reliable nursery or extension forester.
- Keep in mind that living trees , Avoid Transplant Shock are VERY heavy and bulky. A six foot tall balled and burlapped tree , Emerald Green Arborvitae for Solebury Pa. will weigh as much as 250 pounds.
- Protect the tree , Avoid Transplant Shock from the elements. The tree , How to Do Indoor Gardening should be stored in an unheated, sheltered area such as a garage , What Makes a Hammock a Quality Hammock? or porch, , Remodeling Tips Should You Do The Remodeling Yourself? out of the wind and sun. , Pressure Washing Decks Do not expose the tree , A Japanese Garden is Not Your Ordinary Garden to freezing temperatures , Pressure Washing Decks at any time.
- The tree , Taking Care of Your Bonsai will need adequate water. , Where’s the Care Label for my New Bedspread? The root , Emerald Green Arborvitae for Gardenville Pa. ball or soil , Trees in the Home Landscape should be kept slightly damp but not flooded. Wrap the root , How to Do Indoor Gardening ball of a balled tree , Garden Soil Preparation for the Backyard Gardener in plastic , Flowers of Red Violet in Dramatic Display or place , Closet Organizers in a tub while it is in the house. , Refining Your Area Rug Choice
- Living trees , Where’s the Care Label for my New Bedspread? may be decorated, but with care. If lights , Avoid Transplant Shock are used, they must not give off any heat. , Orchid Growing for Beginners
- Avoid extreme temperature , Laying Out Your New Landscape changes. Do not remove the tree , Beware The Dog Days Of Summer! directly from a warm house , Help Your Backyard Plants Get the Nutrients They Need out into freezing temperatures. , Digging Out of Paper Clutter - Part 1 Instead, move to a sheltered area first for several days.
- Plant , Emerald Green Arborvitae for Lahaska Pa. the tree , The Lease And Purchase Option as soon as possible. If the ground is not frozen, the tree , Digging Out of Paper Clutter - Part 1 may be replanted. The spot to be dug should be mulched to prevent freezing.
- Do not remove the burlap and strapping (unless it is plastic). This keeps the root , What Makes a Hammock a Quality Hammock? ball solid and secure. In the instance of a plastic , Refining Your Area Rug Choice cover, cut the cord and roll down the plastic , Moose Antler Art at least half way prior to planting. Tap the tree , CollectibleSport.com offers a great selection of collectible
sports memorabilia and gift ideas for m container of a potted tree , Orchid Growing for Beginners and remove prior to planting. Do not attempt to remove soil , CollectibleSport.com offers a great selection of collectible
sports memorabilia and gift ideas for m from the root , Yard and Garden Trends for 2006 system. Earth , 8 Lawn Care Tips for Your Garden removed from the original hole should be backfilled around the root , Invite Butterflies to Your Garden ball. Mulch heavily over the top of the planted root , Flowers of Red Violet in Dramatic Display ball to prevent it from freezing. Water , A Japanese Garden is Not Your Ordinary Garden only as needed: a flooded tree , Laying Out Your New Landscape may not survive.
- Provide support for the tree. , Hazards posed by Spas, Hot Tubs, and Whirlpools. Stake the tree , Bathroom Remodeling Made Easy to prevent wind tipping or damage during the first growing season. , CollectibleSport.com offers a great selection of collectible
sports memorabilia and gift ideas for m
Try a living Christmas tree. , s in the Home Landscape With proper care, it will keep bringing you enjoyment throughout the years.
About the Author
Sherri Allen is the editor of an award-winning website devoted to topics such as family, food, , History of Wild Roses garden, , Yard and Trends for 2006 house&home and money. For free articles, information, , Beware of Toxic Mulch tips, , How To Make a Headboard recipes, reviews and coloring pages, visit http://www.SherriAllen.com/
|Make your Hardwood floor Dazzle - Make your Hardwood floor , Make the Most from Your Vegetable Garden Dazzle
So you have my last article on how to , Planting the Sunset Red Maple For Your Landscape buy the best hardwood floor , Why You Should Be Gardening article and bought the best hardwood floor. , Want a garden but not enough room or soil? Then Hydroponics
Gardening could be for you.
|Water Pond Wildlife - How To Attract More Animals to Your
Wildlife require water , Home Fragrance in Vogue just as humans do. Water , Concerning Mulch - PART TWO is essential for
life. Songbirds use it for bathing and preening; waterfowl and
shorebirds for finding food , The Hosta - A Shade Loving Perennial and escaping predators; and muskrat,
mink and beaver for every part of their existence.
|Know Your Yellow Roses! - Yellow roses , Should you Feed Wild Birds in the Winter are beauties, aren’t they? Don’t they look beautiful , Hetz, Reingold, and Emerald Green Arborvitae on a sunny morning? Yellow roses , Looking for the best sourced advice witrel="nofollow" h reference to furnit say spring , Safe Pest Control Tips just their look and color. , The Many Types of Palm Trees The yellow ro...
|Horticultural Therapy -
The idea of using gardens , Virburnum Dentatum -Chicago Luster Viburnum and plants , How To Decorate Your Garden With Blue Flowers as “tools” for therapy is
grow , A Fireplace Screen for decoration and protection! ing fast these days. Makes perfect sense, too. There is a
great deal of evidence that working in gardens , A Guide to Antique Sewing Machines is wonderful for
our mental health. The...
|Tips For Acid Loving Plants -
Tips , Saving Energy by Planting Nursery Stock as Windbreaks on Growing , Fall is the Perfect Time to Organize Your Garage Acid-Loving Plants
, Biocontrol Agents for Organic Farming… the terminology
Grow , Blinds Give Your Home A New Lease On Life ing azaleas, rhododendrons, blueberries, holly, pieris,
heat , Botanical Prints for scientific research and collecting her, and other plants , Refining Your Area Rug Choice that love acidic and organics , Caring For Tropicals And Exotic Flowers soils.
One of my fond memories of being 12 was catching my first shad.
Each spring , Blinds Give Your Home A New Lease On Life the shad migr...
|The Ancient Lore of the Green Giant Arborvitae -
This is the Green , Much Ado About Mansionization? Giant Arborvita story.
The original Green , Make A Room Divider To Match Your Decor Giant got its name not from ancient lore, but
from unusually extra large, hence "giant," green , How a Good Bedroom Design Can Boost Your Confidence. peas. These
"Green Giant Peas" were introduced by the Minnesota Valley
Canning Company in 19...
|Planting Pine and Spruce Trees -
Spruce and pine trees , Selecting Roses For The Garden are fairly easy to plant , Handy Wood Size Chart because they are
fairly rugged and durable. Yet to plant , Patios And Garden Pavers or transplant them you
do need to follow some basic guidelines.
All people handling seedlings and small trees , Why Organic Gardening? need to help with
the life suppor...
|The Best Online Slot Machines Around -
Slot machines have always been stalwarts of casinos. This is
because it is a game for people who just don't want to think
much and just want to drop coins and pull a lever. That's why
slot machines also became stalwarts of online , Same Day Flower Delivery casinos. Here are
|October in the Flower Garden - Preparing for Winter -
A very busy time begins in the garden , Router Bit Basics as the summer , Flowers Are A Great Gift and autumn
flower , Tips For Buying Lawn Tractors s fade. Although much depends upon the weather, , Relaxation in the garden starts with a Hammock the time
is approaching quickly when we must put everything in order for
the winter. , 6 REALLY COOL THINGS: BE the KING of your CASTLE!!! In my part of the country, Halloween, at the en...
mygarden.net.au | | | | | | | | | | |